June 30, 2005

Asking a visa for weird countries

P. has obtained the right to deposit a visa request in the consulate of a Schengen country, placed between Europe and Africa, after a three days ordeal.
Documents required were, as usual only few, such as:
Passport; detailed three pages form duly fulfilled; photo, in a specific format; original business license of her company; invitation letter of the inviting company including full description of the visit’s reasons and linked projects, assuming full responsibility for the period of stay in the inviting country; signature of a member of the board and official stamp of the inviting company; original register certificate of the inviting company; full insurance for the period of stay; return air tickets; original hotel booking and confirmation, specifying the payment; description of the local means of transportation during the trip; proof of salary/income in the country of origin; specification of the entry customs and the airline to be used (well, name is written on the ticket, but you know: repetita juvant); list of references in China and in the visited country; description and date of at least three previously obtained visa; copy of an ID document of a member of the board of the inviting company; letter of “mission” signed by a member of the board of the sending company.


Is it enough? does it seems a lot of paper?

No: If you require a tourist, single entry visa, you need to provide even more documents, including a six months certified bank account statement, invitation of a private citizen of the visited country and so on

Once collected the documents P. has made three days of queue in the basement of a building (leaving home at 6 a.m., going back in the afternoon), with hundreds of people in the same situation. The ventilation system of the basement was off and the temperature was around 36-38 C: Often people faints, orderly, in the line. Queue allows you to receive by an impolite employee a number for a further queue, this time in a better office where other employees interview the applicants and, if all is ok, accept the demand.
Employees from the country of the consulate find it funny to make comments (believing that visa applicants don’t speak their language) or inquisitive questions such as “why the hotel you booked is so far (note: 1 hour driving) from the company you will visit?”
If the trial is passed, you might receive your visa in one or two weeks.
Sometimes the consulate doesn’t release some visa, random, to show they are tight in controlling “immigrants” (but those visa are for very limited periods, not to immigrate)
Once P will obtain the visa, I will publish pictures taken during the three days ordeal.
Other consulates make big difficulties in order to issue visa, but at least they keep an image of respect towards the applicants

Now: a politician of the same country recently said that this same country should promote tourism from China ( a new big reservoir of tourists) and target the market of individual travellers. They have (and spend) more money than the tourist of organized tours (the”15 countries in 7 days” packages)
My two cents of advice: forget about it, you wanker!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose that this Country (Shengen member) is the same that in some african countries (ie Ghana, Cameroun ...)give Visas at a good price to young girls ready to work "on the road", in Algeria their consulate is the best friend of so called "trabendists"
B.A.B.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous graham said...

Hello an!This is graham, penpal of Pp. did she get the visa yet? Do I understand correctly-all these papers where required by the country she wishes to visit? Is it this hard to get an exit visa from china?
nice blog, by the way. great pictures of lijiang. I often wonder if there are pleasant, beautiful, old places in china that can be also fun and lively and comfortable to live in. That looks like one,maybe.

2:39 AM  
Blogger freestuff2 said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a cheap plane ticket canada
It deals mostly with cheap plane ticket canada plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Drunk Girl said...

Hi, what a great page! Really enjoyed it, keep up the great work!
latest spy gadget

3:05 PM  
Anonymous independent immigration to canada said...

I definitely don't have all the answers, but I know that as long as people keep sharing ideas like this, the truth will eventually reveal itself and maybe it can make a difference somewhere.

I think this blog rocks! Keep up the good work, I've bookmarked it and will definitely swing by again soon.

Feel free to pay a visit to my new immigration rule for canada site. It might not be your "cup of tea", but it covers new immigration rule for canada related topics.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous citizenship and immigration in canada said...

Now you've got me thinking red fly. I really enjoyed your post about "this post , I found your blog while searching for new immigration rule for canada news. I'll definitely pop around more often, keep us posted if you happen to dig up any more new immigration rule for canada stuff.

3:45 AM  
Anonymous citizenship and immigration in canada said...

I definitely don't have all the answers red fly, but I know that as long as people keep sharing ideas like this, the truth will eventually make a difference somewhere and hopefully make the world a better place to live in. I've been looking for investor immigration to canada info and news - yeah I know I should probably get a life, but there's just something about investor immigration to canada that gets me thinking of better times.

Your post about this post was a good read compared to a lot of the other stuff that's out there! Keep up the good work, I will definitely swing by again soon.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous new immigration rule for canada said...

I definitely don't have all the answers red fly, but I know that as long as people keep sharing ideas like this, the truth will eventually make a difference somewhere and hopefully make the world a better place to live in. I've been looking for investor immigration to canada info and news - yeah I know I should probably get a life, but there's just something about investor immigration to canada that gets me thinking of better times.

Your post about this post was a good read compared to a lot of the other stuff that's out there! Keep up the good work, I will definitely swing by again soon.

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ewyverix.lookseekpages.com/xaricuj.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://zomurezi.o-f.com/ewybysi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home